Terms & Conditions
1. Usage and Conduct Policy
Welcome to the Braun Thermometers Web site! Please read the following terms and conditions carefully and understand them fully because you may not use this site, its contents or information without prior acceptance of these terms and conditions. Use of this site automatically constitutes your acceptance of and agreement to, without modification, these terms and conditions and your waiver of any and all claims against Kaz Europe Sàrl (Place Chauderon 18, Lausanne, 1003, Switzerland), its officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, licensors and agents (collectively “Kaz Europe Sàrl”) arising out of your use of this site or any information, instructions, opinions, recommendations or other materials contained therein (unless Kaz Europe Sàrl has given rise to claims based on its willful misconduct or gross negligence).
Privacy: Please see our Privacy Statement for complete details. This policy may be changed at any time, with or without any notice. All changes to the Privacy Statement will be posted on this site.
Submissions: If you transmit or otherwise submit any information or material to us through this site, all remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, or other information that you communicate to Kaz Europe Sàrl become and remain our property, even if this agreement is later terminated. You acknowledge that you alone are responsible for any submission you make and that you have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright. By transmitting or posting any communication or material to this site you agree that Kaz Europe Sàrl and/or any of its subsidiaries, affiliates or licensors:
- may use your submission as material for any purpose, including reproduction, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting
- has full rights to and exclusive ownership of any and all present and future ideas you submit (including, but not limited to, product or advertising ideas)
- can use them for any purpose, without compensating you or anyone else for them and that you will not sue for any use of these or similar ideas
- not have to treat any such communication as confidential
You may not add, alter, substitute or amend, partially or in whole, any information contained in this site. You may not e-mail, post, upload or otherwise transmit any unlawful, threatening, harmful, harassing, libelous, defamatory, abusive, obscene, pornographic, profane or otherwise objectionable content or any material of any kind that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Hyperlinks: This site may contain hyperlinks to Web sites operated by third parties. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only; Kaz Europe Sàrl does not control such sites and is not responsible for their access or contents. Kaz Europe Sàrl’s inclusion of hyperlinks to such sites does not imply any endorsement of the material contained therein or any association with their owners or operators.
Kaz Europe Sàrl’s performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process. Nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of our right to comply with law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of this site or information provided to or gathered by Kaz Europe Sàrl with respect to such use.
These Terms and Conditions also consist of the following clauses:
2. Disclaimer of Warranty and Responsibility
Access to and use of this site and the content is at your own risk. Kaz Europe Sàrl assumes no responsibility for and makes no express or implied warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this site including, but not limited to,
- the information, text, data,
- music, sound,
- artwork, illustrations,
- photographs, graphics, video,
- links, or
any other materials contained within this site, or of any content of any site or sites linked to this site. Kaz Europe Sàrl also does not endorse or approve any products or information offered at sites you reach through our site.
These materials may have technical inaccuracies, typographical errors and/or omissions and are provided as is and as available without representation, endorsement or express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to,
- implied warranties of merchantability,
- fitness for a particular purpose,
- non-infringement, or
- that defects will be corrected,
- that the functional elements contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free,
- that our sites or the servers that make them available are free of viruses or other harmful components, or
- that successful results or outcomes will result from properly following any instructions or directions contained in the materials.
Kaz Europe Sàrl, at its sole discretion, makes no commitment to, but may at any time, make any updates, modifications, improvements and/or changes to these terms and conditions, or to any information, products or any other materials on this site, at any time with or without any notice.
Exception: in certain states, the law may not allow us to disclaim or exclude warranties, so the above disclaimer may not apply to you.
3. Limitation of Liability
Neither Kaz Europe Sàrl nor any of its officers, employees, subsidiaries, affiliates, contractors, licensors and agents nor any party involved in creating or delivering this site (hereafter referred to as “we” or “us”) shall have any obligation or responsibility whatsoever regarding any content derived, obtained, accessed within, through or outside this site or be liable for any special, direct, indirect, incidental, exemplary, consequential, punitive or any other damages, or loss, expense or injury of any kind including, without limitation, lost revenues or profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses arising out of:
- access to or use of this site or linked sites,
- inability to access or use this site or linked sites,
- any errors or omissions in content,
- failure of performance,
- line failure,
- interruption, mis-delivery or delay in operation or transmission,
- defect, deletion, mis-recording of information,
- computer virus, or any other matter, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
Furthermore, we are not liable even if we’ve been negligent and/or if we or our authorized representative(s) have been advised of the possibility of such damages. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you by any means from us shall create any warranty of any kind.
Exception: in certain states the law may not allow limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. But in any event, our liability to you for all losses, damages, injuries, and claims of every kind (whether the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract, or they’re claimed to be caused by negligence or other wrongful conduct, or they’re claimed under any other legal theory) will not be greater than the amount you paid to specifically access our site. Further, as regards Germany and regardless of the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall limit Kaz Europe Sàrl’s liability for willful misconduct or gross negligence.
If any provision of these Terms and Conditions or agreement is determined to be invalid, unlawful, void or unenforceable, pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then such provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and it will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
4. Territory Disclaimer
Kaz Europe Sàrl invites European residents to access and use this Internet site subject to these Terms and Conditions and all applicable laws. This site and all information and other materials contained therein is intended for access and use by European residents only. Kaz Europe Sàrl in no way implies that the materials on the sites are appropriate or available for use outside of the Europe. All advertising, information and claims are valid only in Europe unless otherwise specified.
This site may contain references or cross-references to particular Kaz Europe Sàrl products and services that are not, or not readily, available outside of Europe. Any such reference does not imply that Kaz Europe Sàrl intends to market such products or services in any country. All access to and use of this site and related actions must be specific to and related to solutions using only products and services Kaz Europe Sàrl markets in Europe unless otherwise specified.
5. Copyrights and Trademarks
- All materials appearing or contained in this website including without limitation all
- information, data, text, editorial content,
- names, logos, marks,
- photographs, video, illustrations, artwork, product and package designs and other graphic materials,
- promotions, public relations, advertising, and
other contents of this site, are the sole proprietary property of Kaz Europe Sàrl, its affiliates or licensors in the geographies where Kaz Europe Sàrl markets products bearing such trademarks, except as otherwise noted, and are protected from copying, simulation or distribution under national and international trademark, patent, copyright and intellectual property laws and treaties. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any other content on this site, except as provided in these terms and conditions or in the site content, is strictly prohibited.
A single copy of material published or contained in this site may be displayed and used solely for your personal, non-commercial use, provided you do not (and do not allow any third party to) remove any proprietary notices or delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary information. You may not otherwise:
- copy, reproduce,
- revise, convert, modify,
- transmit, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, re-post, circulate,
- upload, download,
- display, mirror on another server or site,
- reverse-engineer, create a derivative work of, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code,
- in line any of the graphics or other material, or
- rent, sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right to
all or any part of the software or material published on this site without Kaz Europe Sàrl’s prior written permission.
Kaz Europe Sàrl retains full and complete title to all intellectual-property rights. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any license or right under any patent or trademark of Kaz Europe Sàrl, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors or any third party. Except as expressly provided above, nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring any license or right to any copyright or other intellectual property rights in relation to any information, products or other materials.
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the user and Kaz Europe Sàrl with respect to this site and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and Kaz Europe Sàrl with respect to this site. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Thank you for your attention to and compliance with these terms and conditions!
6. Privacy Statement
We are concerned with protecting your privacy and any personal data (e.g. (i) your name, (ii) your telephone number, (iii) your email address, (iv) your home address, (v) your preference information (such as, your interests, your product preferences and your product purchase history) and (vi) your demographic information (such as, the number of individuals resident in your household, your age and your gender). We also collect information on which pages of our website you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access our website.
This information will be (i) treated as confidential, subject to the appropriate laws and regulations and (ii) used for the following purposes:
- provide the services you requested;
- administer our website and provide customer services;
- meet legal, regulatory and compliance requirements;
- monitor and analyse the use of our services to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime;
- gather management information to form statistical and trend analysis;
communicate with you;
- send you, with your consent (if required), marketing communications by email (for example, newsletters containing information about other KAZ products or services we think may be of interest to you);
- request feedback from you and send you surveys to enable us to develop, customise and improve KAZ products and services;
- investigate any complaints about the website; and
- personalise your experience of the website.
Kaz Europe Sàrl will not sell any collected visitor information to third party data controllers, unless you consented otherwise. Kaz Europe Sàrl will only disclose collected visitor information to third parties (acting as data processors on Kaz Europe Sàrl’s behalf) for instance to produce statistical and trend analysis.
The storage as well as the processing of your personal data as described above may require that this information is ultimately transferred/transmitted to, and/or stored at, a destination outside of your country of residence, notably Switzerland and the United States of America. The transferred information will be made available to the following recipients: KAZ IT teams, KAZ customer care teams, KAZ marketing teams. You understand that such transfer may take place to or in countries offering a lower level of protection than your country of residence.
In accordance with EU Data Protection legislation, you have a right of access, rectification and deletion concerning your personal data, and for legitimate reasons the right to object to their processing by contacting us.
To make this site work properly, we sometimes place small data files called cookies on your device. Most big websites do this too.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
What type of cookies do we use?
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies, services like enabling appropriate content based your type of device cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use the website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how the website works. Similar technologies are used to measure the performance of the electronic communications (e.g. newsletters) we send you.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button on the website. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. They are usually placed by advertising networks with our permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionalities.
- Help us provide the best personal experience to you.
- Provide offers of interest to you.
- To understand how our visitors engage with our website so that we can make improvements.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do that, some features of this site may not work as intended. Although we control some of the cookies directly, we also make use of some cookies that are controlled by third parties. These cookies are not used for any purpose other than those described here.
How to control cookies
You can control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see aboutcookies.org. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.